Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Control Chart labels overlap

kschnarrs

Community Trekker

Feb 1, 2016

I have all the markers in my control charts labeled with the value present in one of the columns. (ex: Column value = Boston, the marker is labeled with "Boston", etc.) When I plot these, some of the labels overlap making them unreadable. It won't let me move the labels around within the chart. Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
tonya_mauldin0

Jan 21, 2015

You need to use the new Control Chart Builder platform.  Control Chart Builder, just like Graph Builder, will allow you to grab a marker label and move it around.  This functionality is not available in the old Control Chart platforms.  You need to use Control Chart Builder.

kschnarrs

Community Trekker

Feb 1, 2016

Hmm, I can't use Control Chart Builder for a few reasons, but when I was trying that before, I could move the labels around for that instant, but I wasn't able to get the movements to save so that they remained where I had placed them the next time I opened the chart...

Thanks though!

tonya_mauldin0

Jan 21, 2015

I'm not sure what you mean by "next time I opened the chart".  I was able to get the movements to persist in the JSL script that I got by selecting any of the script menu commands.  I also go the changes to persist through a journal.  Can you provide more information about what that comment means?