cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DSA
DSA
Level III

Control Chart Builder & Levey Jennings phases

Dear JMP community,

I have recently migrated to the Control Chart Builder Platform from the old Levey Jennings platform and is experiening some strange behavior for the new charts.

It seems like my Levey Jennings chart constructed using the Control Chart Builder platform is using the same standardeviation to calculate the control limit in all phases, which is not the case for the old platform or for the Individual Measurement Control Chart.

Is there any way to force the Levey Jennings to calculate new standard deviations for each phase in the new platform?

I am very often working on project which aims to reduce variations, and it is company best practice to use Levey Jennings charts. So this feature is sort of a dealbreaker for my usage of the new platform eventhough I like all the advantages.

As a side note I have noted that the new platform is not doing connect the dots if there is missing labels on the x-axis, is there any way to force it to do that as well?

The old platform just connect the dots for everything.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Control Chart Builder & Levey Jennings phases

Greetings - my news is old, but the issue regarding calculations being different between the older Levey Jennings platform and the Control Chart Builder has been resolved. It was resolved in JMP 14 and later, and i hope that Control Chart Builder has been meeting your needs. 

DSA
DSA
Level III

Re: Control Chart Builder & Levey Jennings phases

Thanks for the reply Audrey - good to know that the issue is resolved.

Can't remember how i solved this - but i guess i worked around it somehow.

Thank again - and yeah - i really like the control chart builder :)

Daniel