Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Contour Plot with VB Automation

jsuls

Community Trekker

Jul 30, 2014

Hey, I am trying to create a contour plot from a data table using VB automation. I need to specify to "Fill Areas" and set the maximum and minimum contour levels. Thanks

Here is what I have so far. I keep getting a runtime error 438 for the line "Set con = jmpdoc1.CreateContour"

Sub JMP()

Dim jmpdoc1 As JMP.Document

Dim myJMP As JMP.Application

Dim DT As JMP.DataTable

Set myJMP = CreateObject("jmp.application")

myJMP.Visible = True

Set jmpdoc1 = myJMP.OpenDocument("C:\Users\jsuls\Desktop\test.csv")

Set DT = jmpdoc1.GetDataTable

Dim con As JMP.Contour

Set con = jmpdoc1.CreateContour

con.LaunchAddY ("Z")

con.LaunchAddX ("X")

con.LaunchAddX ("Y")

con.FillAreas (True)

con.SpecifyContours(5.0,20.0,6.0,True)

con.Launch

End Sub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get a notification of a reply.  The call in Automation to create a Contour Plot is CreateContourPlot, not CreateContour.  Do you have CreateContourPlot?

3 REPLIES
briancorcoran

Jun 23, 2011

For text files, you must use the text import interface to automation.  The Text Import sample application in your Samples Automation folder gives an example.  For JMP 11, the location would be something like C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\11\Samples\Automation\Visual Basic Samples\Text Import .NET.

If you open that example, you will see that a typical sequence to open a CSV file would be something like:

Dim TI As JMP.TextImport

TI = MyJMP.CreateTextImportObject("c:\program files\sas\jmp\11\samples\import data\Book1.csv", 10000)

TI.SetEndOfFieldOptions(JMP.jmpTIEndOfFieldConstants.tiComma)

TI.SetEndOfLineOptions(JMP.jmpTIEndOfLineConstants.tiCRLF)

TI.FirstLineIsData(True)

Doc = TI.OpenFile()

jsuls

Community Trekker

Jul 30, 2014

The problem isn't opening the csv file. I can open it with the code above. The problem is generating the contour plot. I can create distributions, surface plots, etc. using this vb code. The only problem that occurs is when I try to create a contour plot. I keep getting the "object doesn't support this property or method" error message

Solution

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get a notification of a reply.  The call in Automation to create a Contour Plot is CreateContourPlot, not CreateContour.  Do you have CreateContourPlot?