cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dharding
Level II

Connecting a MS Access Database

Hi all,

I'm new to Access and I'm trying to connect to JMP using database open table. After selecting MS Access Database under the Machine Data Source, I keep getting this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application". Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks for any tips!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dharding
Level II

Re: Connecting a MS Access Database

After contacting JMP tech support, ultimately I had to remove JMP from my computer and reinstall the 32-bit version to match the 32-bit version of MS Access. Everything works well now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pmroz
Super User

Sounds like an issue with 32-bit vs 64-bit drivers and OS.  What operating system are you using?

dharding
Level II

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.The installed version of JMP is 11.1 64 bit

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi,

Please contact JMP technical support (Technical Support Form) and they can help you resolve any further issues.

As mentioned previously it is likely that you have an incompatibility between the ODBC driver and JMP version.

With 64bit JMP you will need to have a 64 bit MS Access ODBC driver.

Do you know which version of the MS Access ODBC driver is installed? 

dharding
Level II

I just checked my version of Access and it looks like it's 32 bit which may explain the error. I'll check with JMP tech support. Thanks

I am running into the same problem on my computer. The issue is, there are no 64 bit MS Access ODBC drivers. An old (2006) MS develop network response says"There is not one available.  You need to compile your application for the x86 processor to force it to use the 32 bit driver." (    64 bit ODBC driver for Microsoft Access) . MS has recently posted a MS Database Engine 2010, but this wouldn't install on my machine (using MS Access 2007). Does anyone else have any suggestions?

dharding
Level II

After contacting JMP tech support, ultimately I had to remove JMP from my computer and reinstall the 32-bit version to match the 32-bit version of MS Access. Everything works well now.