cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
OmegaGnu430
Level I

Conjoint design import of respondents - How to import multiple respondents to the same questions in one row per question

Hi JMP community,

I am quite new to JMP and I am making a Conjoint analysis on 5 different attributes, with levels being 2*4*3*2*3. I made the conjoint design to make sure all possible attribute and level combinations were present in the choice sets, but not a full factorial design of course. 
While  I am waiting for the respondent data to roll in, I saw that the way JMP usually does model fitting is based on a response indicator that has only 1 response per row, and in my case that would result in around 5340 responses, and 5340 no-responses. In that case I would have to populate around 10680 rows with answers, which I must admit seems rather repetitive. Isn't there a way to enter the number of responses per choice set  (FX 200 yes 245 no) so that the software understands that the respondent column is the number of respondent choices per choice set? Something along the lines of:

OmegaGnu430_1-1659528397480.png

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Conjoint design import of respondents - How to import multiple respondents to the same questions in one row per question

Hello! JMP launch windows have an option to specify a "frequency" column as shown below, useful for using summarized data just as you described. This way you do not need to be limited to only 1 response for row.

Joseph_Reese_0-1660232906788.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Conjoint design import of respondents - How to import multiple respondents to the same questions in one row per question

Hello! JMP launch windows have an option to specify a "frequency" column as shown below, useful for using summarized data just as you described. This way you do not need to be limited to only 1 response for row.

Joseph_Reese_0-1660232906788.png