BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
russula

New Contributor

Apr 12, 2019

Confused about tooltip description: asymptotic CI of prediction

Hi everyone,

I have fitted a custom function (nonlinear fitting) to my data and after the analysis I have the option to obtain “asymptotic CI of prediction for individual response, which includes the error term” and “asymptotic CI of prediction, i.e. for the expected value”.  I am unsure of the wording here and wondering if the latter one refers to the prediction interval?

To me it does sound like the prediction interval but the interval is rather (too) narrow which makes be suspect it something else. I am not a statistician and I think the wording of the tooltip is a bit ambiguous, can someone please clarify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

Re: Confused about tooltip description: asymptotic CI of prediction

I would use the "?" tool and click on the item and review the help for the output, and see if it provides you with the information you want.  If not, I then will point you to the Reference Books under the Help pull down menus

Help==>Books==>

Jim
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

I would use the "?" tool and click on the item and review the help for the output, and see if it provides you with the information you want.  If not, I then will point you to the Reference Books under the Help pull down menus

Help==>Books==>

Jim
russula

New Contributor

Apr 12, 2019

Thank you for the suggestions. I did found more info under the help section.