cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
agneshb
Level III

Confidence Interval in prediction profiler

Hi,

When using prediction profilers from the graph menu, I can't find where to add a Confidence Interval on the predicted value. Is it possible and how?

Thanks!

Agnès

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Confidence Interval in prediction profiler

Make sure that the column name is "PredSE response" where response is replaced with the name of your Y column.

So, if you had a prediction formula for Weight you'd have PredSE Weight.

When you save the StdErr Pred Formula from the Fit Model platform that's the way the column is named.

Having said all of that I'm sorry to report that the Flash profiler doesn't support the confidence intervals. So, even after getting them in the Profiler in JMP they won't end up in Flash.

-Jeff

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You need to have a prediction formula for the standard errors specified as an additional column to profile.

So, specify both the prediction formula for the response and the prediction formula for the standard errors. If the Standard Errors start with "PredSE" (I believe that is how JMP knows they are standard errors rather than a second response), it should prompt with this message: Use column "PredSE Y" to make intervals for Pred Formula Y, rather than profile it as its own formula? That will put error bars on the profiler.

Dan Obermiller
agneshb
Level III

Thanks. I added the PredSE formula but I don't get any message, I only get an extra profiler for PredSE.

What I would like to have is a range (i.e 95%CI) below the predicted value, on the left side of the profiler (similar to what we get in the profilers under the fit model platform, first option in the red triangle of the profiler).

Note: I am using the profiler from the graph menu to be able to save them in .swf format (for others to use), this option is not available directly in the fit model platform.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Make sure that the column name is "PredSE response" where response is replaced with the name of your Y column.

So, if you had a prediction formula for Weight you'd have PredSE Weight.

When you save the StdErr Pred Formula from the Fit Model platform that's the way the column is named.

Having said all of that I'm sorry to report that the Flash profiler doesn't support the confidence intervals. So, even after getting them in the Profiler in JMP they won't end up in Flash.

-Jeff

-Jeff
agneshb
Level III

Thank you. May be we can get that in JMP13

chipfew
Level I

Hi Jeff, when I try this recommendation, I do not get the popup question, and PredSE "Response" is treated like a separate response in the profiler platform. I made sure the name of the response was correct.  I am using JMP 16.  Is there a different way to display the confidence interval in profiler?  Thanks!