Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Conditional Association table?

eleanorapower

Community Trekker

Aug 26, 2014

I seem to be unable to get the Conditional Association table to appear as part of the Categorical analysis report. I can't even get it to appear with the example data that JMP uses in its help section (AdverseR.jmp) to illustrate Conditional Association (with incomplete directions on how to generate it). JMP seems to be saying that this report should appear automatically if the "Unique occurrences within ID" box is checked in the Categorical launch window, but, for me at least (using JMP Pro 11), that isn't coming up. Is there something else I need to be doing in the launch window? Some particular way to specify the response variable?

Help getting this to work for the sample data would probably be sufficient to getting me on the right track. The actual analysis I'm trying to do is getting the conditional probabilities of one response given another for a series of 20 dichotomous survey questions. I want to see the likelihood of any one answer given each of the others (I have some 800 survey respondents that I'd like to calculate this across).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Response from JMP technical support:

To replicate the example in the book select analyze -> consumer research -> categorical

Select Adverse reaction.  Click on the multiple tab and choose Multiple response by ID

Select Patient ID and click ID

Check the Unique Occurrence within ID box

Press OK

In the resulting output click on the red triangle next to the word categorical and choose conditional association (about the middle).

The plot will appear.  To see the report click on the grey triangle below the plot next to the words Conditional Assoc.

1 REPLY
Solution

Response from JMP technical support:

To replicate the example in the book select analyze -> consumer research -> categorical

Select Adverse reaction.  Click on the multiple tab and choose Multiple response by ID

Select Patient ID and click ID

Check the Unique Occurrence within ID box

Press OK

In the resulting output click on the red triangle next to the word categorical and choose conditional association (about the middle).

The plot will appear.  To see the report click on the grey triangle below the plot next to the words Conditional Assoc.