Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Concatenate data tables in loop only works first time

hans

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2015

Hi

I have a script where I loop through a data table with random number of rows. For each row I execute 3 sql statements to get 3 tables with data. That part of the solution works fine but subsequently I want to concatenate the 3 tables produced for each row in the original table and this is where my jmp knowledge falls short.

Instead of concenate 3 tables for each row I get a result where the 3 tables from the first row are concenated as many times as there are rows. I assume I have to do something to let jmp know that the 3 tables have changed content before doing the concatenation and have tried to do so by explictly assigning the tables produced by the 3 statements (dtSite, dtCountry, dtTrial) to new names before doing the concanation but that does not do the trick. See code below.

anyone who can point me in right direction?

br

Hans Jørgen

dtSite<<set Name("Sitevalue");

dtCountry<<set Name("Countryvalue");

dtTrial<<set Name("Trialvalue");

Data Table( "Sitevalue" ) << Concatenate(

Data Table( "Countryvalue" ),

Data Table( "Trialvalue" ),

Output Table( "Combined" )

);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Is it possible that when you read in new tables (i.e. the second time you read in the table Sitevalue) JMP is actually calling it Sitevalue 2?

If you are already pointing to the latest tables with your variables, just use them in your concatenation step  instead of the name:

dtSite << Concatenate( dtCountry, dtTrial, Output Table( "Combined" ) );

2 REPLIES
Solution

Is it possible that when you read in new tables (i.e. the second time you read in the table Sitevalue) JMP is actually calling it Sitevalue 2?

If you are already pointing to the latest tables with your variables, just use them in your concatenation step  instead of the name:

dtSite << Concatenate( dtCountry, dtTrial, Output Table( "Combined" ) );

hans

Community Trekker

Jul 1, 2015

Thanks that made the difference. I struggle a bit to get the grasp of the scope of variables i jmp. but slowly I am learning