cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nv11
Level II

Comparing two rows with the same time stamp and picking the higher value from a different column

Hi, I have a dataset where by I have a single column with minute by minute data (time stamped) and in many cases the same minute is duplicated. For those instances, there is another column with different values. How do I find duplicated timestamp rows and pick the max. value between them e.g.

Initial Table

Time      Flow

12:00     345

12:01     123 

12:01      456

12:02      223

12:02      112

12:03      234 

Final Table

Time      Flow

12:00     345

12:01      456

12:02      223

12:03      234 

Thank you. FYI - using JMP Pro 17 and I am an amateur (2hrs of experience).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Comparing two rows with the same time stamp and picking the higher value from a different column

Hi,

I suggest using the Table Summary tool with the Flow column set to MAX and the Time column set to Group.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Comparing two rows with the same time stamp and picking the higher value from a different column

Hi,

I suggest using the Table Summary tool with the Flow column set to MAX and the Time column set to Group.

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse
nv11
Level II

Thank you for the feedback - unfortunately I might be too early in my JMP journey to understand how to apply this solution

txnelson
Super User

Go to the Tables pull down menu and select Summary

Jim