BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
minehead
Community Trekker

Column properties set for axis are not used for variability charts

hi!

I have set axis properties under column properties by clicking the 'Set Default Axis Settings' button. The axis properties are not applied when using Variability Charts platform. However, they are applied when I use Distributions or Graph Builder platform. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any ideas on how to get around this problem until it is fixed?

FYI - I am using JMP14.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Column properties set for axis are not used for variability charts

It does look like a bug. We'll work on getting it corrected in a future maintenance release. In the mean time I don't have a good workaround for you unless you're already writing JSL in which case you can check for the axis property yourself and adjust the axis accordingly. Sorry I don't have anything better for you at this time.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
minehead
Community Trekker

Thanks Jeff, I hope it gets fixed in a future release. I can use a script, but this is what I wanted to avoid. I have a script that sets the spec limits and axis properties for several columns of a data table. Other users of the data then don't have to change axis properties when plotting graphs and don't have to use a script to plot. As mentioned before, this works for Graph Builder and Distributions nicely but doesn't work for Variability charts.

0 Kudos

Thank you for reporting this. The issue has been fixed in future versions of JMP, and will be available in the 14.2 maintenance release of JMP later this year.