cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
areimers
Level I

Coloring only some data in the graph builder

I am trying to color only part of the data in a plot by a certain color. To be more specific, I start with such a graph builder:Screenshot (11).png

Now I would like to color the black data for example by the column "band". So I drag the band column over 'Color'. However, then also the red line gets colored as in:Screenshot (12).png

Is there any way of coloring only the black points without affecting the red line? And if so how would I do that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Coloring only some data in the graph builder

You might also try Rows > Color or Mark by Column... from your data table and select your color column. This should make the points colored by that column, and leave your line red. It does this by adding Color Row States to your rows.

Justin

View solution in original post

Another solution is to open up the Variables section under line and uncheck the variable assigned to Color.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Bartell
Level VIII

If you hover your cursor over the legend entry for any one curve, and right click, you should be able to select from a color pallette then for that chosen curve.

You might also try Rows > Color or Mark by Column... from your data table and select your color column. This should make the points colored by that column, and leave your line red. It does this by adding Color Row States to your rows.

Justin

Another solution is to open up the Variables section under line and uncheck the variable assigned to Color.