BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
kritterb
Community Trekker

Collecting data table for documents where terms and phrases are found with JSL

I'm using JSL to run Text Explorer in JMP Pro 13.2.1 for my text analysis.

I know I can right-click a term or phrase, select "Show Text", and get a pop-up with examples of the term within the paragraph for each document it appears in, which means that JMP Pro must somehow access or generate a list of documents for that term in that moment that it then pulls the blocks of text from to show the context. 

I want to use JSL to access that list and save it both with a "by" variable and without one. Preferably, this would be a table for all terms/documents so I don't end up with thousands of tables, but I'm willing to work with whatever is available. How do I go about that?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
ih
ih
Community Trekker

Re: Collecting data table for documents where terms and phrases are found with JSL

Check out the document term matrix, with a little work I think it will do what you are asking for.  For example, try this (beware, you could make a huge table doing this):

1. In a text analysis, save the document term matrix (dtm)
  2. Stack (under Table menu) the table by all of the dtm columns
  3. Select and delete all rows that have a zero in the 'Data' column

Now the 'Label' column should show the individual terms and the rest of the columns are left intact, including whatever column(s) hold the documents.