Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Code Folding on Mac

Hegedus

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Is code folding implemented on the Mac version of JMP 12?

It does not seem to work and I have double checked preferences and it is enabled.8513_codefolding.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

Yes, code folding works on the Mac in JMP 12.

8530_JMPScreenSnapz001.png

By default only the keywords Expr() and Function() are available for code folding. If you'd like to add additional keywords, edit the attached jmpKeywords.jsl script and put it in the appropriate location (as documented in the comments of the script) for your operating system.

You can read more about the code folding features on page 61 in the JMP 12 Scripting Guide.

-Jeff

-Jeff
4 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

Yes, code folding works on the Mac in JMP 12.

8530_JMPScreenSnapz001.png

By default only the keywords Expr() and Function() are available for code folding. If you'd like to add additional keywords, edit the attached jmpKeywords.jsl script and put it in the appropriate location (as documented in the comments of the script) for your operating system.

You can read more about the code folding features on page 61 in the JMP 12 Scripting Guide.

-Jeff

-Jeff
johnmoore

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2014

Jeff,

I am trying to add custom folding words to my editor, but I do not have a c:\users\<my user id>\Documents folder.  I have a My Documents folder instead.  I placed the script in the My Documents folder but did not get additional words.  I tried adding Documents folder but windows would not let me, said I already had folder named My Documents.

Any ideas what I might try?

Thanks,

John

melaniedrake

Staff

May 30, 2014

My Documents should be the same as c:\users\<my user id>\Documents, unless your computer is configured oddly.Open a Windows explorer window into My Documents. Click in the address bar at the top of the window, where it initially shows something like  > <name> > My Documents. The field will change and show the exact path, which should be c:\users\<my user id>\Documents. In JMP, run Get Path Variable("$Documents").  Those folder paths should match.

Try this:

After you edit and save the list in jmpKeywords.jsl, turn the Allow additional code folding keywords preference off and then back on for the changes to take effect. Messages in the log indicate that the keywords were loaded.

Or quit and restart JMP (with the preference turned on). The log will show what was loaded.

micahthedangero

Community Trekker

Jul 29, 2016

I just went through this process and it worked well. On page 61 of the guide highlighted above by Jeff, it states the following:

On Macintosh, the following directories are examined in the order listed:

• /Library/Application Support/JMP/<version>/

• /Library/Application Support/JMP/

• ~/Library/Application Support/JMP/<version>/

• ~/Library/Application Support/JMP/

• ~/Documents/

To find your library folder:

1. open Finder
  2. click "Go" in the menu bar
  3. hold down option key to see the "Library" folder appear
  4. it'll open a window that shows where to find the right path

I selected to put the file in the one above in bold. Personal preference.

I hope that answers it. Thanks.