cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMR
DMR
Level V

Closing data tables automatically when a window is closed

Hi,

I have a script which produces both a data table and a window which contains some charts derived from that data table.  I'd like to arrange for the data table to be closed if the user closes the chart window.  How do I do that please?  I've tried using the "<< on close" property of the window, but am evidently doing something wrong as it appears to be having no effect.

(Obviously I could add a button within the window to close the window that way and tell the user to click on it, but there's no guarantee that they'll actually do that: some users will simply close the window by means of the "X" button at the top-right.)

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: Closing data tables automatically when a window is closed

From memory you need the 'OnClose()' message immediately after the window title. It's really quite useful for housekeeping (like closing invisible tables) and other things.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ian_jmp
Staff

From memory you need the 'OnClose()' message immediately after the window title. It's really quite useful for housekeeping (like closing invisible tables) and other things.

DMR
DMR
Level V

Perfect!  Many thanks Ian.