Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
LaserRasin
Level II

Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

I have an issue -- I like to use conditional formatting rules to highlight data with high mean compared to the average -- but this means a different conditional formatting rule for each plot that I make.  JMP only seems to offer the global preferences to apply conditional formatting, but I can add a new rule via a script.  In order to prevent name colisions, I added each new rule with a large random number attached.

The problem is that now I have tens of thousands of conditional formatting rules, and I can't figure out how to remove them with a script.  Clicking the delete button on the manager is simply impractical.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
ih
ih
Level VII

Re: Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

There might be a more elegant way, but I would just delete them from your preferences file.

• Open the folder containing your preferences by running this in a JMP scripting window:
Open("$HOME")
  • Close all instances of JMP (and then wait a few seconds to be sure they are dead)
  • Make a backup copy of your JMP.PFS file.
  • Open and edit the file to remove the 'Conditional Formatting Rules( ... )' lines.
  • Re-open JMP

For some reason this didn't work the first time I tried it, I suspect JMP wasn't completely closed before I edited the file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
ih
ih
Level VII

Re: Clear Conditional Formatting Rules via JSL

There might be a more elegant way, but I would just delete them from your preferences file.

• Open the folder containing your preferences by running this in a JMP scripting window:
Open("$HOME")
  • Close all instances of JMP (and then wait a few seconds to be sure they are dead)
  • Make a backup copy of your JMP.PFS file.
  • Open and edit the file to remove the 'Conditional Formatting Rules( ... )' lines.
  • Re-open JMP

For some reason this didn't work the first time I tried it, I suspect JMP wasn't completely closed before I edited the file.

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.