BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ole
Ole
Community Trekker

Change of numeric data format when summarizing tables in JMP14

Hi Everyone,

My issues is as follows:

- when I import a file using my script (simple "dt = open (direction/file.xls);" ) it works correctly and shows datetime in datetime format and the values in "Best" format

- when I summarize this table and set "Link to original data table( 0 )," the format of the numeric columns is changed. Datetime as well as the values are changed to fixed decimal, with Dec = 0.

This messes my script up as I'm looking at numbers with 4 decimals and need them to stay in the original format.

In JMP13 (where I wrote the script) the numeric format is transfered from the original table without any changes.

Is this a scripting issue or a bug in JMP14?

Thanks

Ole

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Change of numeric data format when summarizing tables in JMP14

Using JMP 14.2, and the JMP Sample data table, Aircraft Incidents, I summarized the 2 columns, Event Date, and Number of Engines........they have a date format and a best format, respectively. The resulting summarized data table retained the same formats.
Jim
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Using JMP 14.2, and the JMP Sample data table, Aircraft Incidents, I summarized the 2 columns, Event Date, and Number of Engines........they have a date format and a best format, respectively. The resulting summarized data table retained the same formats.
Jim
0 Kudos
Ole
Ole
Community Trekker

Updateing to JMP 14.2 fixed the issue. Thanks for the hint.

Ole 

0 Kudos