cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gandi2223
Level III

Change axis specifications of multiple "Fit Y b X" plots

In a "Fit Y by X Group" with multiple plots, is it possible to change the axis specifications (min, max, reference lines,...) of all plots together, i.e. in one step, rather than doing this separately for each plot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
louv
Staff (Retired)

Re: Change axis specifications of multiple "Fit Y b X" plots

I usually change the axis on my first graph to the desired range and then right-click to copy axis settings and then broadcast those settings by using the command key (control key for windows) and right-click to paste the axis settings on all my other graphs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
louv
Staff (Retired)

I usually change the axis on my first graph to the desired range and then right-click to copy axis settings and then broadcast those settings by using the command key (control key for windows) and right-click to paste the axis settings on all my other graphs.

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

This is one way: Set the axis in one plot, right-click on the axis and select Edit/Copy Axis Settings. Then hold down the cmd-key (or ctrl-key in Windows) while right-clicking on the corresponding axis in another plot and selecting Edit/Paste Axis Settings.

The cmd-key trick broadcasts the action to all similar display boxes and works for many situations in JMP reports. However, broadcasting does not seem to work with the axis settings dialog, hence the two-step solution above.

Edit: i.e. like LouV just said...