cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
robot
Level VI

Capture Error Message Text

I am using JMP12 to pull data from ODBC.  Most of the time this works great, but sometimes an error is thrown and JMP will return an error message to the log.  Is there a way to capture the error text to display in a message box or something?

An example error message is below:

"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan. This is a rare event and only expected for extremely complex queries or queries that reference a very large number of tables or partitions. Please simplify the query. If you believe you have received this message in error, contact Customer Support Services for more information."

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Capture Error Message Text

If you run your database call inside of a Log Capture, you won't have to run through the entire log list. 

logtxt = LogCapture(
     databaseCall()
);

Vince Faller - Predictum

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mpl34
Level III

If you know you are looking for an ODBC error like this you can search the log by using the getlog() function in your script, e.g.:

log=getlog();
for(i=1,i<=nitems(log),i++,
if(contains(log[i],"[Microsoft]")>0,
newwindow("Error",
<<modal,
vlistbox(align("center"),
textbox(log[i]),
buttonbox("OK")))
);
);

robot
Level VI

Thanks!

vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

If you run your database call inside of a Log Capture, you won't have to run through the entire log list. 

logtxt = LogCapture(
     databaseCall()
);

Vince Faller - Predictum