Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Cannot see the save predicted formula from Partial Least Squares

albiruni81

Community Trekker

Jul 15, 2014

Hi There,

I am having difficulty in seeing the predicted formula that is supposed to be save in the data table when I run the save predicted formula option from the PLS. I am using a JMP 5.1.2

Anyone able to help me on this?

3 REPLIES
julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

Hi albiruni81,

In order to help, can you explain a little bit more about the steps you are taking to save that formula column? When saving a formula column it should be appended to the end of your table as a new column. To reveal the formula in the column, you can right click the column name then select "Formula."

Julian

albiruni81

Community Trekker

Jul 15, 2014

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your reply, basically I'm using the PLS function in JMP 5.1.2, after generating the PLS function, i tried to select the save prediction formula besides the 'PLS' option but I can see any formula appearing in the original table. Hope this explain this, because what I understand from PLS is that it actually create a derived X variables to generate the Y = X relationship, I would like to know how does my original factors is related to the derived x variables

Irfan

julian

Staff

Jun 25, 2014

Hi Irfan,

Hmm, it sounds like you're saving the formula correctly, but can you explain a bit more about how you're setting up your model / what options you are using? I don't have access to a copy of JMP 5 (current version is 11) so I won't be able to try your exact methods, but hopefully I can help you track down what is going awry.   As a general troubleshooting strategy, I would try fitting a model and saving a formula column with a completely different dataset to see if perhaps there is something strange happening with these particular data or model.

Julian