Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Can the width of a data table's side panel be modified via script?

dqr2

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2015

Hi - I see there are properties of a data table which control whether or not to hide either the side panels or the data grid (i.e. << close side panels() and << close data grid()), but I can't see any property that might modify the default width of the side panels, or to change the relative proportions of the heights of the table panel, the columns panel and the rows panel within the side panel.  Is it possible?

I'm asking because I'm creating - via scripts - a large number of data tables at the moment which have (a) some unusually long column names, and (b) perhaps thirty associated table variables and/or scripts - so every time I subsequently open one of those data tables for the first time, the first thing I have to do is manually resize its side panels. Obviously this is no great hardship, but I was wondering if there was a way to avoid the necessity by specifying them within the script that creates the tables in the first place.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Opening and closing the Side Panel, and adjusting the Row State Column's(ID Column)  width are the only options that are available in JMP 12.

Jim
2 REPLIES
Solution

Opening and closing the Side Panel, and adjusting the Row State Column's(ID Column)  width are the only options that are available in JMP 12.

Jim
dqr2

Community Trekker

Jun 19, 2015

Thanks Jim - it's good to know I'm not missing a trick anyway.  Like I said, it certainly doesn't quality as a hardship.