cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
pklambooy
Level I

Can't run scripts in JMP data table

I'm not real knowledgeable about JMP programming.  I do generate experimental designs, enter data, analyze, save scripts.  Recently I received a data table file from a collaborator and I can not run the scripts he has created.  I tell the script to run and there is no response.  If I create new analyses and save these as scripts I can run them fine and so can he.  I can also run scripts in other files.  He is running JMP 13.2 and I'm running JMP 14. He even found that he later could no longer run a script he created when I sent the file back to him.  What I'm wondering is:

1.  He has a MAC and I have a PC, does this matter?

2.  Is there something about quarantine files that might matter?

3.  I suspended Defender from running and this didn't help.

I realize this isn't much to go on and I can't share any of the details of the files, just reaching out to see if there is something that needs to be changed in a setting.............

thanks.

I think there is something about this file that is, periodically, not allowing scripts to run.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can't run scripts in JMP data table

When you get a chance, select View > Log on Windows or Window > Log on Macintosh, then run the script again. What is the error message?

pklambooy
Level I

There is no error message.

Where is this "view"........the "view" within JMP file or the "view" within Windows Explorer?

As I said, go to the View menu and select Log with JMP running on Windows. Do you see an error message in the Log window? Try running the script again.

Also, right-click on the green triangle next to the table script in question and select Edit. Select and copy the script (not the title), and post it here is that is allowed. That information will also help us figure out what might be wrong.

pklambooy
Level I

sorry, wish I could past the script but contains proprietary data.......if you let me know within what application/explorer window where this "view" and "Log with JMP running on Windows" resides I would try that.  

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

To display the Log window within JMP,

1. Within JMP, select the View menu
  2. Select Log

ViewLog.PNG

Optionally, you can press Ctrl+Shfit+L within JMP (as shown above). Hope that helps clarify.

1. Launch JMP.
  2. Open the data table with the data and the script.
  3. Click View in the JMP menu bar and select Log.
  4. Run the script.
  5. Copy the contents of the Log window.
  6. Paste the contents in a new reply here.

By 'quarantined' you mean that Windows recognized that the data table was not generated locally but obtained instead by downloading a file or saving an attached file? If so, do you choose the Open option when you open it the first time? The other option prevents scripts from running.

pklambooy
Level I

yes, I chose "open" vs "examine" so should have been fine.  thanks