Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Can a facility drawing in Autocad be used as a background map in graph builder?

statpharmer

Community Trekker

Apr 14, 2014

We have regular swab testing completed for multiple suites and pieces of equipment in several pharmaceutical manufacturing suites. If we could upload the facilities drawing (Autocad) as a background map, we could have a very cool graphic to show where "hot spots" are that have higher biological counts than others with colored dots (heatmap style). We can identify the center of each area with x and y coordinates of the facility drawing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

hi statpharmer​,

perhaps there is something more advanced but i am not aware of it.

my guess is that you would need to use autocad to export your graphic into a shapfile and then follow these links:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2010/11/18/stop-creating-custom-maps-manually-in-jmp/

Custom Map Creator

best!

ron

6 REPLIES
Solution

hi statpharmer​,

perhaps there is something more advanced but i am not aware of it.

my guess is that you would need to use autocad to export your graphic into a shapfile and then follow these links:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2010/11/18/stop-creating-custom-maps-manually-in-jmp/

Custom Map Creator

best!

ron

statpharmer

Community Trekker

Apr 14, 2014

Ron,

Thank you so very much for the information.

I have been coaching one of our new license holders who is using JMP to better visualize the biological test results across the various manufacturing sites. The add-in you noted is exactly what she needs and she is quickly creating the custom background map so she can show facility managers a graphic of where "hot spots" are via a heat map of results set on the map of the facility. With a script, she will be able to communicate a huge amount of information every month in a fraction of the time she had been needing to create reports. This will lead to faster improvements and reductions in the risk of non-compliance.

We now have an up and coming expert who will be able to demonstrate her techniques for other applications.

Thanks Again!

Rob Lievense

statpharmer

Community Trekker

Apr 14, 2014

Greetings,

Great progress has been made do to the tips shared and the project is close to completion. The last step is to be able to bring in the basic facilities drawing underneath the custom map shapes that are colored by the results data. This was done with the office temperature project in the Examples of Creating Maps with the program documentation. A script was written in the example to include "Frame Box{Add Image(Set Blob(Char To Blob(.... with many, many lines of code that likely set up the facility plan. The facility plan we have is a .DWG file via AutoCad/AutoDesk. Any information on hints to incorporate this as was done in the office temp project would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob Lievense

statpharmer

Community Trekker

Apr 14, 2014

Thanks again for all of your help. As you may see below,  I am very excited to announce that the technician I have been working with on the project has a final version together and has received praise from facility managers regarding this great improvement on how to view our bio-testing results. We have another JMP convert in our midsts

msharp

Super User

Jul 28, 2015

I would refer you to this blog post as well:  Graphs of muscle quality and body fat in Graph Builder

statpharmer

Community Trekker

Apr 14, 2014

Thanks for the note. The information was very helpful. I am very excited to announce that the technician I have been working with on the project has a final version together and has received praise from facility managers regarding this great improvement on how to view our bio-testing results.