Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
DS
DS
Level VI

Can JMP open TCX files?

Hi JMP & Community,

I'm curious if anyone knows of an add-in or other way for JMP to open TCX files. I know JMP can't open one directly, but is there a way to use JMP (e.g. via JSL) or another program to convert a TCX file into a readable format for JMP?

I ask because Google Fit allows you to download your data in TCX format for each of the different activities that you record. Google Fit also exports daily aggregations as CSV files, but these are not so interesting. I'm interested in the data that is tracked during the activity that is saved in the TCX file, as I'd like to analyze it further.

The only other post I can find that's relevant on the community pages is this one: own your own data. Unfortunately, it doesn't address how to open a TCX file in JMP. I'd prefer to not download 3rd party software.

Thanks!,

DS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can JMP open TCX files?

The TCX format is based on XML. Have you tried changing the file name extension or association to XML and opening it?

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

The TCX format is based on XML. Have you tried changing the file name extension or association to XML and opening it?

Learn it once, use it forever!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
DS
DS
Level VI

Thanks @markbailey ,

That did the trick. Now, I just need to write a .bat file to convert the hundreds of files I have to XML. And, apparently, choosing the "tall" format works best for the data.

Thanks!,

DS

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

You can rename the files in JMP.....see Rename File in

Help==>Scripting Index

Jim
Article Labels