cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
priyanka
Level I

Can JMP do causal forecasting?

Hi all,

I have been able to generate the baseline numbers with the tool using variants of forecasting models - ARIMA and smoothing models and automate that part as well. But I am very keen on knowing if JMP/ JSL allow causal forecasting. If yes, then how?

Please help.

Regards,

PG

2 REPLIES 2
priyanka
Level I

Re: Can JMP do causal forecasting?

Can someone please help

mfisher
Level III

Re: Can JMP do causal forecasting?

You can do causal forecasting in JMP by employing a transfer function within the Time Series Analysis platform.  Within Time Series Analysis, your independent (causal) variable goes into the Input List box, the time series variable is in Y, and the date or time in Time ID.  The next window is the Transfer Function analysis window, with diagnostics.  Click the red "hot spot" triangle and select Transfer Function.  Choose the appropriate error terms for your time series variable on the left.  On the right, the independent variable can be lagged, or set to have an effect over several time periods, but for a simple concurrent model leave those parameters at zero.  Transfer functions can become quite complicated.  Click Estimate, and the next window provides output and diagnostics.