Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
MBC
MBC
Level I

Can CTRL+J function be scripted?

Hi everyone.  

I hope someone can help.  I am interested only in the process capability part of the distribution tool report.  I am scripting to provide the graphs to a journal to save as pdf.  At the moment I have basic code which collapses all the other stuff I am not interested in and leaves only the process capability items open.  This works but is not very clean. 

I noticed in JMP if I create a report I can use selection tool to basically select only the frame of interest.  Then, using CTRL+J I can copy this to the journal.  This looks great but I have no idea how to script the CTRL+J function or if it is possible.

I have the script for the selection below.  If anyone can help to get this selection to the journal via scripting I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Martin

dt << Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :Name( "LEAK_HI_NC_1_2/NC2" ) ),
		Process Capability( Use Column Property Specs, Process Capability Analysis( Nonconformance( 0 ) ) )
	),
	SendToReport( Dispatch( {"LEAK_HI_NC_1_2/NC2"}, "Process Capability", OutlineBox, {Select} ) )
);
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Can CTRL+J function be scripted?

Here is an example on how to use JSL to take what you want from the output and move it to a journal

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp" );
dis = dt << Distribution(
	Continuous Distribution(
		Column( :Name( "npn1" ) ),
		Process Capability(
			Use Column Property Specs,
			Process Capability Analysis( Nonconformance( 0 ) )
		)
	),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch( {"npn1"}, "Process Capability", OutlineBox, {Select} )
	)
);

jj = New Window( "my journal", <<journal );

Report( dis )["Process Capability"] << journal;
Jim
Highlighted

Jinx!  Took me too long to write my response, but I like your complete example.  Good idea to create a new window for the journal.  If doing that, you might also consider directly copying the content into the new window:

jj = New Window( "my journal", <<journal, Report( dis )["Process Capability"] );

This will copy the content of the given box, just as it will when sending the <<Journal command.

Highlighted

Selection is not necessary to create the journal from a script - it's only used interactively to identify the part of the report that you want to save.

If you save the result of your Distribution() call to a variable "dist", you can send a message to any box in the report to journal just that part of the report:

(dist<<Report)[OutlineBox("Process Capability")] << Journal;
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.