Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Adam_Xu
Level III

Calculation Discrepancy about Capability Analysis for non-normal distribution

Hello,

I tried to use percentile function to calculate Capability Index for Non-normal distribution by following JMP's guide as below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.06.51 AM.pngHowever, when I input those formula in Excel and found discrepancies for Cp/Cpl/Cpu/CpK/Cpm results compared with JMP output:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.08.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 10.08.08 AM.png

I wonder to know what's the issue? Is JMP used different formula for those calculation?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adam_Xu
Level III

Re: Calculation Discrepancy about Capability Analysis for non-normal distribution

I addressed this issue. The calculation could not using percentile function directly. The right calculation should be finding the best fitted distribution and then use relevant distribution Quantile function instead. Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adam_Xu
Level III

Re: Calculation Discrepancy about Capability Analysis for non-normal distribution

I addressed this issue. The calculation could not using percentile function directly. The right calculation should be finding the best fitted distribution and then use relevant distribution Quantile function instead. Thanks

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.