Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Calculate moving average By-Group and Subgroup

carol_vazirani

Community Trekker

May 30, 2014

Hi,

Building off the concept of calculating a moving average for a column named By-group, can someone help me figure out how to do this by multiple groups.

The input column is called Guest_count.

My group(s) consists of Store_Num, Day_of_the_Year, Hour

I want to create a moving average forecast of Guest_count from the last 3 previous values (for each Store_Num,Hour,DayOfYear) for Jan to Dec 2014. I have actual data for Jan through April 2014.

Can someone help me with the JMP formula for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

assuming your data are in sorted order, the following formula will produce what you want

If(Row() == 1, thecount = 1);

If(:Store_Num == Lag(:Store_Num, 1) & :Day_of_the_Year == Lag(:Day_of_the_Year, 1) & :Hour == Lag(:Hour, 1), thecount = thecount + 1, thecount = 1);

If(thecount >= 3, x = Mean(:Guest_Count, Lag(:Guest_count, 1), Lag(:Guest_Count, 2)), x = .);

x

Jim
2 REPLIES
Solution

assuming your data are in sorted order, the following formula will produce what you want

If(Row() == 1, thecount = 1);

If(:Store_Num == Lag(:Store_Num, 1) & :Day_of_the_Year == Lag(:Day_of_the_Year, 1) & :Hour == Lag(:Hour, 1), thecount = thecount + 1, thecount = 1);

If(thecount >= 3, x = Mean(:Guest_Count, Lag(:Guest_count, 1), Lag(:Guest_Count, 2)), x = .);

x

Jim
carol_vazirani

Community Trekker

May 30, 2014

Thank you. I was able to use this code to solve my problem.