Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Bubble Plots - Urgent

I am very new to JSL. Could anyone tell me how to use this option "Time Index" in bubble pot?

Here is what I am trying to do. I have two weeks data. Week 1 and Week 2. I want certain text to be displayed on the graph depending on the week. I am trying to do it with customize option.
Pls let me know how to do this?

Thanks....
5 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I have tried but failed to find a way to set or get the properties of address the current Time Index argument. Even if it still may be possible it is not documented in the JMP Scripting guide as far as I can tell.

I am not sure of exactly what you trying to do, but a simple workaround or at least something that may look a little like what you want is to use the Value Labels found under Column Properties. Just add some text (e.g. "Week 1 – Before treatment", "Week 2 – After treatment") that will show up in the plot as the slider moves left to right.
Thanks MS for the reply. That helped....
Partially problem fixed.
But now I need to step over each time period and do some calculations and display it on the graph. I am sure there must be a variable which captures time period but not able to figure out that. Please help me with this.
Also, I am facing this problem, while converting the bubble plot as flash since my data points are categorical variables, the flash gets messed up. How do I fix this? It looks great when I play it in JMP enviroment but many of my data points go missing in flash. Any possible work around for this issue?

Thanks in advance.
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Disappointingly, I have still not figured out how to capture the Time Index in order to add scripts to time-specific bubble plot.

But here's another idea for a workoraund.
Make static bubble plots for each time index, including the graph scripts you want. Write a script that let the plots show up in the same position on the display and control the timing with the Wait() command. Either as a new window, or with little more effort as updates of the relevant display boxes. Then let a screen recording tool capture the plot sequence to video. For Mac there is Snapz Pro X and there are certainly many options for Windows, some may even allow direct export to flash video. Google screencams!

Not elegant, not pure JSL, but I think it is a possible route to the customized bubble-plot sequence you're after.

Message was edited by: MS
Here is the bigger picture. I need to pull up data from ms sql database and then get these plots and upload them to the server as flash presenations. This will be done on a weekly basis. Static bubble plots means the bubble sizes wont be proportionate for each of the time periods and when I do an animation (say powerpoint) I cannot see the pattern. I have written to JMP and they are working on the issue. Let me know if there is any other way.

Thanks again.