cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pickle
Level I

Box plot defaults

I am making some box plots and I am wondering about the defaults (and more appropriately, how to change them). Where is it described how JMP chooses the box width (and how can it be changed, to a constant width). Also, is there any way to get the JMP to plot them in numeric order along the x-axis (JMP is plotting the values as 1, 10, 11, 12, 13....2, 3, 4,; I would like them plotted as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12......)?

1 REPLY 1
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Box plot defaults

In the Fit Y by X platform you can set equal box width by deselecting "X Axis Proportional" found under the red triangle -> Display Options.

Box Plots in Graph Builder should have equal width by default.

If your x variable has data type "character", change it to "numeric" to enable numeric ordering of x-levels.

Alternatively, you can use the Value Order column property if x includes categories (e.g. "Other") that cannot be represented numerically.