cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
klipson
Level I

Best way to plot Bivariate for many XY pairs?

I have a datatable with 30 columns, which are 2 different measured parameters of the same 15 items, with about 500k measurements (rows). I want to plot paramA by paramB as a scatterplot for each item, so I want to specify which columns need to be plotted against each other. I want 15 plots, showing  A vs B for each. 

This isn't a Matched Pairs analysis, since they're different parameters, but the only way I've been able to figure this out is by using the Bivariate platform and putting in my list of X and Y parameters. However, this generates 225 plots, and I only need 15 of those plots. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, but wanted to know if there's a way built into JMP, or I'll need to write a script? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Best way to plot Bivariate for many XY pairs?

All you need to do is to Stack the columns using

Tables==>Stack

Specify that you want do a multiple series stack, and specify 2 in the series

Then select your 30 columns

Once you have the stacked data then do your Fit Y by X on the data columns, and specify to do it By the label column.

Jim

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Best way to plot Bivariate for many XY pairs?

All you need to do is to Stack the columns using

Tables==>Stack

Specify that you want do a multiple series stack, and specify 2 in the series

Then select your 30 columns

Once you have the stacked data then do your Fit Y by X on the data columns, and specify to do it By the label column.

Jim