Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Axis font size too small in Contingency plot - how to make it bigger?

jenssjorslev

Community Trekker

Feb 5, 2015

How can the font be made bigger in the contingency mosaic plot? The font seem to be proportional, but in Preferences I have font 11 for axis titles.  Below example shows how small the font is - unreadable.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Jens

[Missing image]

2 REPLIES
KarenC

Super User

Feb 10, 2013

The JMP folks can confirm or deny but I believe the labels are driven by the smallest category that you have and on the vertical axis they start to drop when the categories are very small (I think you have more categories than labels).  On your horizontal axis you are hindered by the long labels.  So one thought is to make the labels shorter.  A more basic question is what are you trying to show in your graphic?  I love mosaics and use them for exploring data as I can make sense of them quickly (given I have familiarity with the dataset).  However, if you want to use this graphic beyond your own exploring for what to dive into next I would ask why?  What is it telling?  Can you tell the same story better?  As an outsider looking in this one is overwhelming and all I can really tell you is that everyone has the same left of crop farming different levels of livestock but beyond that the colors are hard to compare, there are too many categories and I am lost.  I would consider breaking out the various zones or combining or excluding the tiny categories or trying other summaries and visualizations.

jenssjorslev

Community Trekker

Feb 5, 2015

Thank you very much for your comments - you're right that the graphs easily get overloaded and confusing due to the many categories involved. However, sometimes I need to show all the categories anyway and for that the font should be readable. It seems there is an automatic function that overrides the preference set at font 11.