Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
matt_h
Level I

Averaging repeats of subset of data

Hi all,

Apologies, I am very new with JMP and trying to learn by doing having completed some tutorials. 

My question is based on a very large data set that I have mocked up below. In essence, there are Product IDs, each of which is ran on a number of tests, with each test having a number of sub-tests. 

I want to create a new column which contains the mean of all repeats of each sub-test (column called subtest avg, with each relevant row containing the mean for that data set) and another column with standard deviation of the same. I tried this using the summary with grouping but the output didn't make sense to me. 

Capture.PNG

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Averaging repeats of subset of data

Just use 

Tables==>Join

and join the summary table back to the original table, matching on your grouping columns.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
matt_h
Level I

EDIT: I believe the summary option works by selecting all my test variations as groups, but the data is displayed in a table where all the relevant sub-tests are groped into a single row (with the number of rows found and averaged displayed in the new 'N rows' column). 

However, as said above, I would like these data to be arranged in my original table with a new column for mean and each row containing the mean for the relevant data subset. 

Many thanks again

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Just use 

Tables==>Join

and join the summary table back to the original table, matching on your grouping columns.

Jim

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.