cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jorgeramosdealm
Level III

Autosave

Is there some kind of autosave for scripts and tables? I could not find it and after losing lines of code I wrote the following

mypath =
"$sample_data/";
scr = Window( "script.jsl" );
scrr = scr[Script Box( 1 )] << get text;
Save Text File(
  mypath || (scr << Get window title ; ),
  scrr
);
aus = Window( "Autosave" );
saus = aus[Script Box( 1 )];
Delete Symbols( scr, scrr, aus );
Schedule( 360, saus << run() );

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Autosave

See Help > Help. Search for "autosave". Found:

Consider setting the Autosave Timeout value in the General preferences to automatically save data tables at the specified number of minutes. This autosave value also applies to journals, scripts, projects, and reports.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

See Help > Help. Search for "autosave". Found:

Consider setting the Autosave Timeout value in the General preferences to automatically save data tables at the specified number of minutes. This autosave value also applies to journals, scripts, projects, and reports.

EmmaKeeling
Level IV

Where does it save it? I have it set, but have just lost an hours work. I am so out of the habit of saving anything due to generally working off a cloud now

hogi
Level XI

For Scripts I love the option "Autosave before run".

If you store the scripts in a Cloud folder, you get an automatic versioning -  so no issue to go back in time.

hogi_0-1678469393963.png