BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
chemnteach
Community Trekker

Automatically Save JMP Log After Remote Execution

I have a .jsl script that is executed on a remote server (JMP12).  The script is failing to execute the task so I would like to have it automatically capture the log at the end of the session (note, it does not fail when I run it locally on my machine).  I experimented locally with just adding Save Log ("c:\log.txt); but get the error:  

IO problemUnable to open in ReadWrite mode.
The system cannot find the file specified.
Save Log("c:\log.txt")

If I don't specify the file name it opens a save as window, which won't work with automatic remote execution.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
uday_guntupalli
Community Trekker

Re: Automatically Save JMP Log After Remote Execution

@chemnteach,
Maybe worth trying to write to a different location ? Is it possible, that your user profile on the remote machine does not have write access to that location ? Just a suggestion
Best
Uday
chemnteach
Community Trekker

Thanks for the input.  In this case I'm testing directly on my laptop and I figured out that it wouldn't write directly to c: but was OK writing to a more user accessible folder or remote folder that I have access too as long as I had JMP open on my laptop. 

The problem now is that when the .jsl is executed on the remote server it will not write to a drive that I know I have access too (some of the files used by the .jsl are saved there). Could this be because JMP is not physically opened on the server but just executed in the backgroud?  If so, is there a way around it?

0 Kudos
uday_guntupalli
Community Trekker

@chemnteach , 
     I would recommend talking to  Technical Support (support@jmp.com ) since they would know the issues better especially the license of the JMP you are running and permissions.  

Best
Uday
0 Kudos
Craige_Hales
Staff (Retired)

You can look at the security settings. Most users can't write to c:\ . 

Capture.PNGSecurity settings

Craige