We’re asking you to select a content label when starting a new topic in the Discussions area. Read more to find out why.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
jb99
Level II

Automate nonlinear analysis across groups specified by "By" variable

I am performing a nonlinear anlysis (Specialized modeling, nonlinear) on a large plant growth dataset made up of hundreds of types of plant. In the nonlinear platform, the Y is plant size, the X is time, and I want to do this analysis "By" plant type.  This leads to hundreds of "fit curve" boxes in which I would have to specify further anlalyses. Instead, I would like to automate this process, by fitting the peak model "fit gaussian peak" in every case. I would then create a combined table with all of the (hundreds) of estimated parameter values. 

Can anyone please advise on whether I can automate this process to run hundreds of "fit gaussian peak" models at the same time?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Automate nonlinear analysis across groups specified by "By" variable

Here is the same example, but with a "By" clause.  All of this is available in the Scripting Index.

Help==>Scripting Index==>Fit Curve

The Scripting Index and the Scripting Guide are the definitive publications that contain the definative information on JSL.

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), 
     Fit Gaussian Peak, 
     by(:sex)
);
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

You need to run your analysis interactively and then save the script, and you will get the code to Fit Gaussian Peak

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), Fit Gaussian Peak );
Jim
jb99
Level II

Thanks, but how would I do the analysis By "Plant type", so that the gaussian fit is done separately for the hundreds of plant types?

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Here is the same example, but with a "By" clause.  All of this is available in the Scripting Index.

Help==>Scripting Index==>Fit Curve

The Scripting Index and the Scripting Guide are the definitive publications that contain the definative information on JSL.

Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ), 
     Fit Gaussian Peak, 
     by(:sex)
);
Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

And (building on Jim's example) you can get the parameter estimates into a table like this:

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
fc = dt << Fit Curve( Y( :height ), X( :weight ),  Fit Gaussian Peak, by(:sex));
// Get all the parameter estimates into a single table
firstRep = Report(fc[1]);
dt2 = firstRep[TableBox(3)] << makeCombinedDataTable;
dt2 << setName("Parameter Estimates from "||(dt << getName));