cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
perplexeddev
Level I

Automate emails to send graphs

I have a JMP file to build graphs. I copy these graphs and send them to others daily via email. Is there a way I can automate this procedure, to run the script daily and send the graphs results via email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nate_Riordan
Staff (Retired)

Re: Automate emails to send graphs

Depending upon the complexity of your analysis and the different things you are gluing together there may be simple ways or slightly more complex ways.  You could consider saving each of the files individually as the mail function supports sending multiple attachments.

mail("address","subject","message", {"fileList1", fileList2"})

If you want a single file you will need to get all the graphs into a single window first.  This may be as simple as using a by group if they're all the same type of output and then saving that as a file to mail.  Or you may need to save each report and use the display box trick noted here from Craige@JMP​ that way you can use New Window("title", platform1displayBox, platform2displayBox ...).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ian_jmp
Staff

You should be able to use the 'Mail()' function. Look at 'Help > Scripting Index' and search for this.

perplexeddev
Level I

I have multiple graphs created from the same data table, how can I send all these graphs as a single email? I could n't get that information from Help.

Nate_Riordan
Staff (Retired)

Depending upon the complexity of your analysis and the different things you are gluing together there may be simple ways or slightly more complex ways.  You could consider saving each of the files individually as the mail function supports sending multiple attachments.

mail("address","subject","message", {"fileList1", fileList2"})

If you want a single file you will need to get all the graphs into a single window first.  This may be as simple as using a by group if they're all the same type of output and then saving that as a file to mail.  Or you may need to save each report and use the display box trick noted here from Craige@JMP​ that way you can use New Window("title", platform1displayBox, platform2displayBox ...).