Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MetaLizard62080
Level III

Augment Design Issue - Adding a Factor not working

Hi,

I am trying to augment a design to add a factor. I followed the advice of this post here: Solved: How do I add a new continuous factor to a DoE via design augmentation? - JMP User Community, where I have adding column properties 

MetaLizard62080_0-1708358113364.png

but am still running into the following error.

MetaLizard62080_1-1708358150113.png

Does anyone have any recommendations to solve the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MetaLizard62080
Level III

Re: Augment Design Issue - Adding a Factor not working

Hi Jonas,

I gave it another attempt and realized I missed one step. 

After I added the new column, I did not set the initial values to be numeric. In my version of JMP (16.2), there is a setting now (Initialize Data) which you can set to "constant" to add the starting numbers. Leaving this setting as "Missing/Empty" led to the error. 

MetaLizard62080_0-1708381589248.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I redid the instructions from the link you posted without an error and also had no issues in the past so far.

Could you specify at which state the error occurs? When you augment the design? 

Have you put in values into the new factor column for the runs of your design where you already have data? 

MetaLizard62080
Level III

Hi Jonas,

I gave it another attempt and realized I missed one step. 

After I added the new column, I did not set the initial values to be numeric. In my version of JMP (16.2), there is a setting now (Initialize Data) which you can set to "constant" to add the starting numbers. Leaving this setting as "Missing/Empty" led to the error. 

MetaLizard62080_0-1708381589248.png