Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Attn. R&D, Product Development Team; currency symbol update

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Dear Development Team,

Please add sign of Turkish Lira like all other currencies within the next update which is shown below. Turkey uses new sign since 2012.

By actual sign the numbers are confused with characters of TRY which makes the reports "confusing and ugly"

Many thanks in advance

The Turkish lira (Currency sign: / ; Turkish: Türk lirası)[2] is the currency of Turkey and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (recognised only by Turkey). The Turkish lira is subdivided into 100 kuruş.

5 REPLIES
erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Hey, saitcopuroglu,

Are you using JMP on the Mac?  I did notice that the Turkish lira symbol is displayed correctly on JMP for Windows, at least as of JMP 11, but it does not display on JMP for Mac.  Probably not a viable workaround to switch operating systems just to get the Turkish lira symbol, but I thought I'd let you know just in case.

The development team has been made aware of this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

Ohh yes sorry forgot to tell it JMP 12 on Mac

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

JMP 11 did not have Turkish Lira at all

Sent from my iPhone

erichill

Staff

Oct 1, 2013

Ahh, okay, in JMP for Windows, currency symbols are retrieved from the operating system.  I am running Windows 8.1, which appears to have the symbol (looking at how currency is displayed for the Turkish locale in Regional Settings).  Windows 7 may not, given that the change was fairly recent.

I did find this Microsoft Knowledge Base article  describing an update for various versions of Windows that gets the new Turkish Lira currency symbol:

An update that adds support for the new currency symbol of the Turkish Lira in Windows Vista, in Win...

Again, not going to help for the Mac, but may help for Windows.

Thanks,

Eric

saitcopuroglu

Community Trekker

Sep 29, 2014

I dontknow what is the case dor Mac, at least the excel for mac has the symbol and the character both

Sent from my iPhone