Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
spudton
Level III

Application - use data filter source to change contents of graph builder

spudton_0-1594990717124.png

The metric in the time series plot on the left is an average of individual tags with a pass/fail number 0 or 1, with rows of data every 5 minutes. the values of those individual tags are shown in the bar chart on the right. When i filter the data by selecting the time range on the left, I would like the content of the graph builder to change. Not just their values, but what is presented. Specifically, to remove variables that have a value above a certain threshold, and to sort the columns in order of their value.

Is it possible to change the variables being shown dynamically, using the data filter source? Like an "On change" command?

Also open to other ideas for how to display that data. Essentially, when I have a low metric, I want to be pointed to the variables that are causing it.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Application - use data filter source to change contents of graph builder

By using "Make Row State Handler" a change in the selection can be detected, and then the display can be changed to whatever you want the display to be. You can completely swap out the type of graph, or the format of the existing graph. The key will be of how to map the filter changes to what changes need to be made.
Jim
Article Labels