Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Application builder running slowly?

natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

Hi everyone,

I am building an application which summarizes several test conditions on a wafer to determine if the transistor passed or not.  I have it so that there are number edit boxes as inputs for the lower and upper limits of the conditions.  I have other button conditions which will plot all the leakage currents, parse data, etc.

When the application is running, the program isn't lagging but the when I am editing my scripts or adding inputs to the UI, the builder is really lagging.  My script is around 1000 lines.  Is this why it is lagging?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That's just how it is, unfortunately. To my knowledge the application builder gets more 'slow' the more containers the application has. The problem is the number of containers, not the number of code lines.

I have an application that consists of several hundred containers. It is almost impossible to work with the application builder as there is a delay of several seconds before it reacts to user input (keyboard, computer mouse). So unless I have to work on the containers I do all the programming in a text editor instead of the application builder.

6 REPLIES
Solution

That's just how it is, unfortunately. To my knowledge the application builder gets more 'slow' the more containers the application has. The problem is the number of containers, not the number of code lines.

I have an application that consists of several hundred containers. It is almost impossible to work with the application builder as there is a delay of several seconds before it reacts to user input (keyboard, computer mouse). So unless I have to work on the containers I do all the programming in a text editor instead of the application builder.

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I've had trouble editing ap files directly.  What editor are you using?

cis_pete

Community Trekker

Jan 26, 2015

I use Notepad++.

natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

Thanks for getting back to me.

I do have a few containers.  Are containers really just meant for positioning the buttons, input boxes, etc? 

cis_pete

Community Trekker

Jan 26, 2015

I think so.

According to my experience the problem is the number of all elements (containers, buttons, input boxes, ...), not just the containers. Sorry that my first post was not clear.

natalie_

Community Trekker

Jan 6, 2016

No problem, thank you.

I took out my containers and it is not lagging as much.  I think I will just put them back when I done scripting.