Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DopeAgonist
Community Trekker

Application Builder Module Window Horizontal Scroll Does Not Reach End

The module window of the application builder will not allow me to scroll to the furthest right extent of my module. I have placed objects there (by pushing them to the right with other objects), but now I can't manipulate them. The max size is at 30000 and the furthest right I can scroll is only 2000.

Is there some option to change to allow me to scroll further and view my entire module?

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DopeAgonist
Community Trekker

Re: Application Builder Module Window Horizontal Scroll Does Not Reach End

Creative idea! Unfortunately in my application it didn't work. However, you gave me inspiration to look further and I found that I could collapse some Data Filter Context containers I had that were to the left and everything to the right gets shifted into view. Then I can expand them again and everything is back to normal!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
cwillden
Super User

I'm not sure if you can change the pixel width of that work area, but I noticed that moving objects outside of frame actually deletes the object.  My guess is those objects are completely gone.

-- Cameron Willden
0 Kudos
DopeAgonist
Community Trekker

They are still there when I run the application, I just can't access them in the application builder window.

0 Kudos
cwillden
Super User

Weird.  Here's an idea: If you're needing to move them back into frame, you can select them in the Objects pane > right-click > Move to Corner.

-- Cameron Willden
0 Kudos
DopeAgonist
Community Trekker

Creative idea! Unfortunately in my application it didn't work. However, you gave me inspiration to look further and I found that I could collapse some Data Filter Context containers I had that were to the left and everything to the right gets shifted into view. Then I can expand them again and everything is back to normal!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

A couple of thoughts:

You can reclaim some screen real estate by closing the panes on either side of the module window.

You might also try encapsulating some of your objects in outline boxes. You can then close the outline boxes which should move everything to the left.

If you go the outline box route, you can make them not show up in the application by just removing the titles. They'll show up in the display tree and in the AB object tree but won't clutter up your GUI.

Best,

M
DopeAgonist
Community Trekker

Funnily enough, when I close the panes on either side of the window the module horizontal scroll bar scales so that I can still only access 2000 pixels! Perfect.

I found a solution stated in my other reply though, by collapsing containers on the left side. Thanks for your help!

This workaround works around now, but this is still rather frustrating. I hope that it gets addressed in updates.

0 Kudos

@DopeAgonist Be sure to send this to JMP Technical Support so that they can log the issue.

M

0 Kudos