Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
abdulj
Level IV

Application Builder - Global Functions?

I'm writing a new add-in using the application builder that has several modules. Looking through the documentation it seems that i should be able to define a Function in Module A and call it in Module B. Everytime i do this i get errors.

Is there anything in particular i need to do to enable this? Right now my code is a bit clunky since i have similar funcitons spread out all over the place as a stop gap measure. 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Application Builder - Global Functions?

It's possible to call between modules, but not the recommended way to define a function that is "global" to the Application.  A module can be instanced more than one time, which means that you would have to query one of the instances to get access to the variables in its namespace.

The best way to define globals for your App is to define them in the Application namespace, which is visible to all module instances:

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Application Builder - Global Functions?

It's possible to call between modules, but not the recommended way to define a function that is "global" to the Application.  A module can be instanced more than one time, which means that you would have to query one of the instances to get access to the variables in its namespace.

The best way to define globals for your App is to define them in the Application namespace, which is visible to all module instances:

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.