cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Any way to record all actions into a macro?

Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can record all file manipulations in JMP into a macro/script similar to Excel?

I have this one folder full of multiple files with different file names and I want to perform the same series of operations on all files without having to do it individually to each one of them.

What I would like to do is perform all the operations on one file from the folder, record it into a script/macro and run this script across multiple files in the folder.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any way to record all actions into a macro?

Though has been a long time I have good news for you:
The Action Recorder and enhanced log will create scripts for many/almost all tasks you do within JMP. Then you can apply these to the other files.
In addition there is a multiple file import which might be helpful in your situation. If the data structure is similar you might want to combine the files all together in one step and then do once the tasks you want to be recorded and done for next time.
The new thing I'm going to show people when they start scripting: The Enhanced Log 

/****NeverStopLearning****/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anybody?

Though has been a long time I have good news for you:
The Action Recorder and enhanced log will create scripts for many/almost all tasks you do within JMP. Then you can apply these to the other files.
In addition there is a multiple file import which might be helpful in your situation. If the data structure is similar you might want to combine the files all together in one step and then do once the tasks you want to be recorded and done for next time.
The new thing I'm going to show people when they start scripting: The Enhanced Log 

/****NeverStopLearning****/