Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

An open thread about the new JMP User Community

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Welcome to the Discussions forum on the new JMP User Community.

This is an open thread to comment on the new space, the File Exchange or anything else about the Community.

Got a question or a confusion? Post it in this thread.

Got a suggestion for making it better? Post it in this thread.

I'd like to hear how your finding our new home here.

Thanks!

-Jeff

-Jeff
7 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

I've already noticed one change.

If you're the original poster of a thread, to mark a reply as helpful, you'll need to click the "Actions" link at the bottom of that reply.

There you'll find the "Mark as Helpful" option. Not as prominent as in the old system, but at least it's still there.

6714_Calculating_Sample_Size_for_Non-normal_ordinal_______JMP_User.png

-Jeff
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

In the previous version you could log in and stay logged in all week.  This version requires you to log in every day.  Would be nice to have that old feature back.

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

PMroz, I'm glad to see you've made your way here.

I agree about the login time. We've changed authentication schemes and are still trying to understand the nuances.

I'll work on that to see if I can get the timeout increased.

-Jeff
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

I think the timeout is now set to a few hours.

Thanks!

-Jeff

-Jeff
mclayton200

Community Trekker

Apr 17, 2014

How do I search on older JMP Community discussions?

For example, any related to p-value misuse or likelihood basics.

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Use the search box in the upper right of the page. There's an option there to restrict the search to the current space.

6884_SafariScreenSnapz002.png

There are a few other places to search as well. On the main Discussions page, the "Ask a Question" field acts as a search as you begin to type your question. It will then offer to let you post your question if you don't find an answer.

6885_Pasted_Image_6_21_14__3_53_PM.png

-Jeff

-Jeff
gail_massari

Community Manager

Feb 27, 2013

Hi Jeff,

Just a reminder to community members that people also post content that is not part of the file exchange or discussion forum.

That content is indexed with the rest of the files and is searchable from the main search box.  For example, I just posted some files to accompany Tom Donnelly's Mastering JMP Mixture Design webcast videos.

6883_search_all.JPG

The files show up (with a number of other mixture design items) when I search mixture designs.

6887_mixture_found.JPG