Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Aligning Check Boxes and Radio Boxes

Hi - I want to put a column of check boxes alongside a column of radio buttons in JMP 9 (not JMP 8), both of them showing elements of two lists of the same length.  However when I do this the rows don't exactly line up: the column of radio buttons is fractionally shorter than the column of check boxes, as can be seen below if you run it in JMP 9.  Is there a simple way to line them up precisely?

AList = {"AAA", "BBB", "CCC", "DDD", "EEE", "FFF", "GGG", "HHH", "III", "JJJ"};

nw = New Window( "New Window",

Panel Box( "Selection Controls", H List Box( Check Box( AList ), Radio Box( AList ) ) )

);

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Compare your font preferences to mine.  I haven't hit the font increase or decrease buttons (CTRL-Shift-Plus and CTRL-Shift-Minus), btw.

1444_JMP Font Preferences.png

5 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I do not have a solution but can report that both text and graphics is perfectly aligned on my system (JMP 9.0.3 for Mac). Both judged from just looking at the result and from measurement at high magnification.

Tried with 9.0.3 on Windows 7 and it looked ok too.

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Looks OK on my PC too.  XP + JMP 9.0.3

1442_checkbox radio.png

Interesting – my copy of the same output (in JMP 9.0.3 in Windows 7 Enterprise) is shown below.  Could this be a “Preferences” setting related to font size?  I can’t see one that looks relevant, and there doesn’t appear to be anything in the properties of either a Check Box or a Radio Box that would fix it.

1443_Screenshot.JPG

It’s not really a big deal, as I’ve dealt with this in the past by splitting up the lists of options into individual elements, assigning a Check Box or a Radio Box to each element, and then lining them up using the Line Up(…) option.  It’s slightly messy, but it works.

Many thanks

Solution

Compare your font preferences to mine.  I haven't hit the font increase or decrease buttons (CTRL-Shift-Plus and CTRL-Shift-Minus), btw.

1444_JMP Font Preferences.png

That's it: the Text setting (top button) in my Preferences had been lowered at some point in the past from 9 Point to 8 Point.  Interestingly, for 9 Point and above the two columns are perfectly aligned, so maybe there's a minimum font size for some types of tool but not others.  Many thanks.