Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Align rows in database based on specified sequence

gutloja

Community Trekker

Jul 31, 2015

[Sort rows based on a given sequence in another column]

Hello, All.

I have a database [sample attached] that is stamped with series of date and time:

For example:

02/24/2015 6:00PM [Followed by about 50 columns of data that correspond to this date/time]

02/24/2015 6:00PM

[100 rows with similar time, but seconds apart]

. . .

. . .

. . .

02/24/2015 7:00PM [Followed by about 50 columns of data that correspond to this date/time]

02/24/2015 7:00PM

[100 rows with similar time, but seconds apart]

. . .

. . .

. . .

The database includes months at the time [a few data series included in the attached file].

Some files have missing data and some of the data series are incomplete [Labeled rows in attached sample].

Question: is there a way to sort or "align" the database using an artificial date/time column series created with a sequence [Sequence( 3505335300, 9905335300, 900, 55 )].

I want to be able to see the gaps in the database [similar to the attached sample data].

I was thinking of inserting a column with the artificial date/time, and then a function to insert rows for all columns [except where the artificial date/time is] if the artificial and real date/time stamp do not align. But I am not sure how to do that.

Any help will be very appreciated!

Thank you,

-Jose GL

1 REPLY
ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

hi gutloja​,

if i understand your question correctly there were similar discussions here in the past just with different terminology. try the following links:

bubble plots - unequal time intervals

How do I place values into data table cells using JSL

Joining tables with different levels of precision

ron