Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Aliasing Structure - Reactor 8 Runs.jmp

anne_sa

Community Trekker

Feb 24, 2016

Hello everybody,

I am currently working on the table Reactor 8 Runs and I have trouble with the aliasing structure of this design.

If I launch the script "DOE Dialog", I get the following information:

Capture.JPG

However, when I execute the script "Screening" I do not have the same thing:

Capture2.JPG

For example, first StirRate is aliased with Catalyst*Concentration and then with Feed Rate*Concentration.

If I am not wrong the second is the good one but I do not understand why the two reports do not provide similar results. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sseligman

Staff

Sep 15, 2016

Solution

Hi,

The Reactor 8 Runs sample data table was, in error, not created from the DOE Dialog script embedded in the design table. For this reason the aliasing structure doesn't match when running the Screening Script and the DOE Dialog script. The DOE script originates from a design table modified from the Reactor 8 Runs sample, and it can be created through the Change the Generating Rules to Obtain a Different Fraction example in Chapter 9 of the JMP 13 Design of Experiments Guide (under the Help -> Books menu). After making the table in step 5 of this example, run both the Screening and DOE scripts and you will observe the same the aliasing structure. Our documentation team is aware of this issue and hopes to have it corrected in a future version.

2 REPLIES
sseligman

Staff

Sep 15, 2016

Solution

Hi,

The Reactor 8 Runs sample data table was, in error, not created from the DOE Dialog script embedded in the design table. For this reason the aliasing structure doesn't match when running the Screening Script and the DOE Dialog script. The DOE script originates from a design table modified from the Reactor 8 Runs sample, and it can be created through the Change the Generating Rules to Obtain a Different Fraction example in Chapter 9 of the JMP 13 Design of Experiments Guide (under the Help -> Books menu). After making the table in step 5 of this example, run both the Screening and DOE scripts and you will observe the same the aliasing structure. Our documentation team is aware of this issue and hopes to have it corrected in a future version.

anne_sa

Community Trekker

Feb 24, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation, it is clearer for me now!

So I will wait for the correction :)