Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Alarm script not working

Hi Guys,

I am plotting control charts for several columns and then at the very end I am trying to generate an alarm script as follows:

5 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

1. Don't try to run the resulting script manually
2. You need to turn all Tests on. Once you do that all the out of control conditions will be written to the log. You can script the QC chart to turn on the tests.
3. You may want to add to the Write command the string "\!N" to force each out of control message to begin on a new line.
Thanks.

How can I turn all the tests on?
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

For example, if you do an IR chart, then click the red triangle pull down "Individual Measurement of (your column)" then Tests, then All Tests. This covers all the Western Electric rules. Save the script to a script window to see how to turn on all tests via scripting.
Thanks, that worked.

I am trying to use the Test beyond limits option in the IR chart.

What limits are these?

Can I test this for spec. limits for each column?
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

1. Test beyond limits is the same as Western Electric rule 1, ie one point beyond the control limits (same as beyond zone A). By default the control limits are set to 3s, ie 3 times estimated sigma. JMP identifies "Test beyond limits" as "rule 15" I think because it was included after the first 14 rules, namely the 8 Western Electric rules and the 6 Westgard rules, making it rule 15.
2. If you want to draw spec limits on an individual control chart you can assign them as column properties and then use scripting to pull the spec limits from the column property and add references lines to the chart which are defined by these limits. In addition or in place of this with scripting you could color all rows corresponding to points which are out of spec a different color from the rest and/or change the symbol used to plot the out of spec points.

You might want to read through the docs on Statistical Control Charts.