cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vishwasanj
Level V

Adjusting variables on Graph builder automatically

Hi All,

I have created a final table which has a bunch of columns. The data I want to plot start from 35th column every time. The number of columns I want to plot keeps varyign with every iteration. It could vary from 1 column to many columns.

What is the best way to plot with variables continuously changing? 

Is there a way to change the type of plot using an external variable like "plot_type" saying Linear or box?

Is there a way to change the log or linear plot with every iteration using a similar idea?

Below is an example with 5 columns. It doesn't work with any other number of columns.

collist = tdt << get column names();
Show( collist );
m = {};
b = 1;
For( z = 35, z <= N Cols( tdt ), z++,
	m[b] = Char( collist[z] );
	b = b + 1;
);
Show( m );

gbfc = tdt << Graph Builder(
	Size( 1515, 922 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :Index ),
		X( :Name, Position( 1 ) ),
		X( :Wafers, Position( 1 ) ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[1] ) ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[2] ), Position( 1 ) ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[3] ), Position( 1 ) ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[4] ), Position( 1 ) ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[5] ), Position( 1 ) )
	),
	Elements( Points( X( 1 ), Y( 1 ), Y( 2 ), Y( 3 ), Y( 4 ), Y( 5 ), Legend( 18 ) ) ),
	SendToReport( Dispatch( {}, "X title", TextEditBox, {Set Text( "Index / Lot / Wafers" )} ) )
);

Thank you so much.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Adjusting variables on Graph builder automatically

Here is an example of how to accomplish the dynamic plotting.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
tdt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA\semiconductor capability.jmp" );

m = {};
b = 1;
collist = tdt << get column names();
For( z = 35, z <= N Cols( tdt ), z++,
	m[b] = Char( collist[z] );
	b = b + 1;
);

TheExpr =
"gbfc = tdt << Graph Builder(
	Size( 1515, 922 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables(
		X( :Wafer ),
		Y( Column( tdt, m[1] ) )";
For( i = 2, i <= 5, i++,
	TheExpr = TheExpr || ",Y( Column( tdt, m[" || Char( i ) || "] ), Position( 1 ) )";
);
TheExpr = TheExpr ||
"),Elements( Points( X( 1 ), Y( 1 ), Y( 2 ), Y( 3 ), Y( 4 ), Y( 5 ), Legend( 18 ) ) ),
	SendToReport( Dispatch( {}, \!"X title\!", TextEditBox, {Set Text( \!"Index / Lot / Wafers\!" )} ) )
);";

Eval( Parse( TheExpr ) );

Concerning the changing of the type of plot or the axis values, JSL will allow you to structure any of these items. 

Jim
vishwasanj
Level V

Thank you txnelson. That works perfectly. I will try to figure out how to change the Limits on the Y axis, change the type of plot, and choose log or linear. If I embed all the 3 features into the same script, it will be pretty robust.
Craige_Hales
Super User

After Jim's script, you can further control the axes like this

outline = report(gbfc);
yaxis = outline[axisbox(2)];

yaxis<<min(-100);
yaxis<<max(60);

I use the outline's gray open/close triangle->right-click->Edit->ShowTreeStructure to discover axisbox 2 is the Y axis:

Pick ShowTree Structure from the outline. Then click part of the report to find it.Pick ShowTree Structure from the outline. Then click part of the report to find it.

Then I use the scripting index to look up AxisBox

Using the scripting index to find messages for an AxisBoxUsing the scripting index to find messages for an AxisBox

Craige